The #HealthXPh core team members:
- Dr. Iris Thiele Isip-Tan is a board certified internist-endocrinologist with a masters degree in informatics. Currently a Clinical Associate Professor 4 at the UP College of Medicine and consultant at the Section of Endocrinology, Dept. Of Medicine UP-PGH, she’s Chief of Medical Informatics Unit at UP College of Medicine. Isip-Tan is “particularly interested in how social media and mobile technology can improve healthcare”. She blogs at The Endocrine Witch (www.endocrine-witch.net). Dr. Iris Isip-Tan has been recently named to the elite list of top “100 Healthcare And Digital Health Influencers To Follow In 2014” by Marie Ennis O’Connor. Follow Dr. Iris Thiele Isip-Tan on twitter (@endocrine_witch), on LinkedIn, her blog’s facebook, and on Google +.
- Dr. Gia Baquiran Sison is an occupational health expert, earning her Doctor of Medicine degree from UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, a masters degree in occupational health from University of the Philippines and University of Illinois at Chicago. She is currently a consultant to World Health Organization Western Pacific Region and Makati Medical Center. Dr. Sison is a “twitter maven” interacting with global healthcare leaders online via twitter, long before most of us learned the tricks of the trade. She blogs at Sand and Stone (www.giasison.blogspot.com) where she pour out her “medical thoughts on life, love and happiness”. Follow Dr. Gia Sison on twitter (@giasison), on LinkedIn and on Google+.
- Dr. Remo-tito Aguilar is a board certified orthopedic surgeon practicing in South Central Mindanao, Philippines. A graduate of UP College of Medicine and UP-PGH Dept. of Orthopedics, he is currently the Chief of Clinics at General Santos Medical Center and Medical Specialist II (Orthopedics) at the Southern Philippines Medical Center in Davao City. Dr. Aguilar is a social media evangelist and has been blogging since 2006. He writes his medical musings at The Orthopedic Logbook (www.remomd.com). Follow Dr. Aguilar on twitter (@bonedoc), on his blog’s facebook page, on Google+ and on LinkedIn.
- Dr. Narciso Tapia started his career as a medical educator in 2003 at the Department of Microbiology and Parasitology of the Cebu Institute of Medicine (CIM) where he still actively teaches at present. He has a Masters Degree in Health Professions Education from the University of the Philippines-Manila and is finishing his Masters Degree in Public Health Medical Microbiology at the University of the Philippines, College of Public Health. Dr. Tapia is a prolific, award winning blogger from Cebu. He blogs primarily at Cebu MD (www.cebumd.com). Follow Dr. Tapia on twitter (@cebumd), facebook, on Google+ and on LinkedIn.
- Dr. Helen Madamba is an OB-GYN infectious disease specialist at Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center in Cebu City Philippines. She is an HIV advocate (member of the VSMMC HACT, OBGYN coordinator) research enthusiast (research coordinator, VSMMC OB-GYN Residents and Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine Level I), head of VSMMC Program for Young Parents (a teen mom clinic) and Executive Director, The Share A Child Movement Inc.
- Dr. Jaifred Christian Lopez , or Jim, does research in health policy and management. He teaches community medicine and research methods in San Beda College, Manila. Follow him on Twitter: @jimlopez875.
- Dr. Stephanie Eloisa D. Miaco, M.D, is a practicing psychiatrist from Dumaguete City who advocates in Mental Health and how to improve delivery of mental health services for all. She is presently a faculty member of the Silliman University Medical School, and incoming secretary of the Negros Oriental Medical Society. She writes about mental health issues for the Negros Chronicle. In her spare time, she dabbles in street photography and storytelling.