The 2nd #HealthXPh Philippine Healthcare & Social Media Summit is a conference like no other regarding healthcare in the Philippines. It is because we believe
The 2nd #HealthXPh Philippine Healthcare & Social Media Summit is a conference like no other regarding healthcare in the Philippines. It is because we believe the event fulfills the criteria of a Patients Included Conference.
- “Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.” – The event is co-organized by the Philippine Alliance of Patient Organizations whose logo appears in the event website and posters.
- “Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.” – Hemodialysis patient and a cancer survivor are among the speakers Patients and patient advocates were specifically invited and have confirmed to attend.
- “Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.” – Admission is free for all participants including patients. The patient speakers from outside Metro Manila had their travel and accommodation expenses paid for.
- “The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.” – The venue is Person with disabilities-friendly. The participants food preferences were asked prior to the event. The plenary sessions as well as all applicable breakout sessions will be open to patient delegates.
- “Access for virtual participants is facilitated,with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.” – Free livestreaming will be provided on the activity starting on the day itself.
We hope to start a trend of medical conferences in the Philippines which are Patients Included.
Latest posts by Narciso Tapia (see all)