Confidentiality refers to the safeguarding of information disclosed to a healthcare professional during care. Privacy pertains to a patient’s expectation that his health information will be protected. Both privacy and confidentiality must be protected on social networks.
Protecting Patient Privacy & Confidentiality on Social Media
Moderator: Dr. Narciso Tapia
1. Identify instances when posts in social media violate patient privacy and confidentiality.
2. Explain ethical principles governing healthcare-related interaction on social media.
3. Discuss Philippine laws that protect patient privacy and confidentiality as it applies to social media
1. Atty. Ethelbert Ouano, Cebu Bloggers Society
2. Dr. Remo-tito Aguilar, @bonedoc, #HealthXPh
3. Dr. Melfer Montoya, Cebu Institute of Medicine